AC Repair Vs Replace
With warmer weather quickly on the way, now is the time to think about your air conditioner. Is it in good shape? Does it need major repairs? When it comes to ac repair, there are several questions you should ask prior to calling for service.
When should I have an ac repair made?
- Your ac is less than 12 years old
- The repair needed is minor (clogged drain line, small electrical problem)
- The repair needed is less than 50% of the cost of a new unit or the air conditioner is still under warranty.
- You have had less than 2 ac repairs made in the last 10 years.
When should I replace my air conditioner?
- You air conditioner is more than 12 years old
- The ac repair needed is extensive (compressor, blower motor, condenser coils)
- The repair cost is more than 50% the cost of a new unit.
- This is the 3rd or more repair you’ve had on the unit.
Still unsure of whether you should repair or replace? Give us a call or contact us and we would be more than happy to help! 100% relief this summer starts with Sears Heating & Cooling.